Universal Precautions: Best Practices for Coronavirus Protection
With COVID-19 a pressing concern around the globe, now is a critical time to reinforce the importance of infection control procedures in and around your practice. Strict adherence to a robust hygienic process in your office will help protect you, your staff, your patients and family members.
- Frequent hand washing with a medical grade soap, before and after seeing each patient
- Disinfect hearing aids before handling
- Disinfect patient contact surfaces (counter tops, booth, chairs, pens, doors, handles) after every contact
- Disinfect tools and sterilize when necessary
- Ask patients and staff members to stay home if they have a fever or feel sick
Now is a great time to begin engaging with your patients through social media or utilizing Telehealth services. These can help ensure the safety of your patients and your practice through the Covid-19 pandemic. If you would like more information on YHN Telehealth services and how it would benefit your practice please click here.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the CDC here.