Universal Precautions: Best Practices for Coronavirus Protection
With COVID-19 a pressing concern around the globe, now is a critical time to reinforce the importance of infection control procedures in your practice. Strict adherence to a robust hygienic process in your office will help protect you, your staff, your patients and family members.
- Frequent hand washing with a medical grade soap, before and after seeing each patient
- Disinfect hearing aids before handling
- Disinfect patient contact surfaces (counter tops, booth, chairs, pens, doors, handles) after every contact
- Disinfect tools and sterilize when necessary
- Ask patients and staff members to stay home if they have a fever or feel sick
Now is a great time to begin engaging with your patients through social media or utilizing Telehealth services. If you would like more information on YHN Telehealth services and how it would benefit your practice please click here.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the CDC here.