Credentialing is the process of obtaining, verifying, and assessing the qualifications of a practitioner to provide services in a healthcare organization. If a practitioner provides all the information correctly, it can take 60 – 120 days. If there is a petition process, lobbying, or appealing, the process can be extended to 190 – 220 business days.
To simplify the credentialing process, YHN is working with Gemini Diversified Services, Inc. (GDS), an independent credentials verification organization, as well as the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) to assist in the administration. Through this process credentialing can be completed within 40 – 60 days.
YHN is a member of The Hearing Network Alliance. HNA was established in 2011 and brings together senior leaders of several hearing health care networks. HNA is dedicated to increasing access to hearing health benefits and services, and works closely with health plans, employers, and insurance organizations to improve access to hearing aid benefits and services.
YHN is excited to offer a more efficient method that will improve the process for credentialing for our providers. To apply to become a participating member with Your Hearing Network, eligible providers must do the following:
- Maintain a valid and current license to practice independently in each state where care will be provided.
- Maintain and provide documentation of professional malpractice insurance with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000 per incident / $3,000,000 aggregate and an acceptable malpractice history. If using a group policy, the individual provider’s name should be listed on the policy.
- Have a valid individual (Type 1) NPI number.
- Complete an application in CAQH ProView®
Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) ProView is a free online platform used by over 1.4 million healthcare providers for the secure capturing and sharing of self-reported professionals and practice information. By enrolling in and applying through CAQH ProView®, practitioners can ensure a more accurate, efficient and seamless application and credentialing process.
To complete your online application, complete the steps outlined below:
- Visit CAQH to create a free account with secure login and password. (If you are already enrolled in CAQH, please ensure all information is newly attested and current documents are uploaded). For further instructions* and CAQH training resources, please visit: https://www.caqh.org/solutions/caqh-proview-trainings-practice-managers-providers.
- Complete all application questions.
- Review your data profile for accuracy and attest (or re-attest).
- Authorize “All healthcare organizations who indicate your affiliation” to allow us to access your data profile.
- Upload your current Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) Declaration Page to CAQH.
- If enrolled in Medicaid, please upload your Medicaid approval letter to CAQH, as proof of enrollment.
CAQH has resources to assist providers with the application.
- Reference Guide https://www.caqh.org/sites/default/files/solutions/proview/guide/PR-QuickRef.pdf
Please accurately and fully complete all the steps outlined above in order to not delay or nullify your credentialing.
We are here to answer any inquiries. Should you have questions, please contact email@example.com or call 855-400-9764, option 5.